Rear-View Mirror Living

I took a left turn instead of a right and wasted time trying to find my destination. The most frustrating thing about it…I discovered, when I took the left, the building I was to go to was directly to the right of me.

After driving around and finally calling my husband for help, praying, fighting tears of frustration, I got the correct information and was able to make it to where I was expected to be. When I walked through the doors, I was relieved and so were the people expecting me.

It’s those wrong turns in life that can cause so much frustration. Not only personal troubles, but it causes trouble in the lives of the people around us.

One lady shared with me yesterday, how she had stayed home and waited for the tree cutters to come and take care of a tree in her front yard. They did a no show. Later it was discovered they had turned down the wrong road and went to the wrong house. The person that lived there came out of her house and asked the tree cutters what they were doing with her tree.

The tree cutters left thinking the job had been cancelled.

The woman’s husband cleared the matter up with the company and they were expected to show up at their house again.

Wrong roads, wrong turns…wrong decisions…can get messy.

What can get even messier is when we don’t let go of what happened when the mistake was made or when we feel the results of another person’s mistakes.

It takes faith to trust God and completely forgive someone of an offense.

It takes faith to trust God and believe He completely has forgiven us of our sins.

It takes faith to walk as a person washed clean of all of their messes.

There are times we may find we have to face consequences. But when we beat ourselves up or punish ourselves in some way, that is contrary to God’s way in the Bible.
He sent His Son Jesus to pay the price of ALL sins. Jesus was the final sacrifice.

So when you look back on your life and your mistakes are looming up from behind you. Bring them to Jesus and BELIEVE that He paid the price for you and then get going down the road you are on. Listen close to His directions and go His way.

Oh and by the way, it’s the straight and narrow way. Jesus never meant for us to live life looking out the rear-view mirror at our past

 His plan is for us to…

Philippians 3:13-15 NKJV

13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

He Chose You To Love You