Getting Past The Trash

Today while I was on the road to Lacey for a speaking engagement, I ended up behind a semi-truck in my lane going the same speed as the semi-truck next to him in the other lane.

I don't like to be behind vehicles that block my view of the road ahead and I had no way to pass them. I just had to bide my time until there was an opening to where I could zip by the two trucks and go on my way.

While I was waiting for an opportunity, I noticed garbage flying over the truck in front of me and past my car. Different sorts of wrappers and even a dirty cushion that would tie on to a dining room or wicker chair.

What on earth? I thought.

I also had some other thoughts go through my mind. I had just been praying about the road I was on in my own life. I have some goals that I am working toward and it's taking a bit longer to reach those goals than I would like.

It seems there is always some reason I have to wait, or something gets in my way blocking me from clearly seeing where I'm headed. Also, a lot of garbage from life can just come from out of nowhere and land in my path.

I realized that I have a choice. I could either forget my goals and just give up or trust God and keep going toward them. Sometimes that means doing all I can do and then...wait until I can do the next step. When I see an opportunity, just zip right in and do what I can to keep getting me closer and closer to my goal.

If you're waiting...or garbage has been dumped in your path...don't give up...keep going toward your goal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

He Chose You To Love You