Happy Mothers Day

Proverbs 31:10 – 12
10A wife of noble character who can find?
  She is worth far more than rubies.
11Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
12She brings him good not harm, all the days of her life.

I’ve been to a few studies on the Proverbs 31 woman, and believe me, I know where I’m lacking when I read it.
You’re probably wondering, why, on Mother’s day of all days, would I post anything concerning this chapter of the Bible? I mean isn’t Mother’s day, the day, we all get accolades for the WONDERFUL things we do as a mom. It’s really not the day to be reminding us of anything we may be lacking, right?
Well, first of all, my hat goes off to every other mom. I love being a mom, it’s rewarding and a blessing, but also the most challenging job there ever is. So, I want to first say to every other Mom, I hope your day is so great today and you get to relax and hang with or hear from your kids.
Now, back to Proverbs 31:10-12, if I gave my Mom a card this year, it would definitely have this verse on the front of it. There are plenty of other verses in this chapter that would define my mom too. I honestly don’t think this chapter would be a challenge to her at all and I’m not just bragging. But, if I had to highlight a section and put a name next to it, it would be these three verses and I would write her name in big letters in my Bible.

My Dad tried to brag about her to me, the other night. He tried to tell me how wonderful she’s been, while caring for him during his recovery from surgery, and she wouldn’t hear of it.
So, I’m bragging for him.
I hope this blesses you Mom, because you are a great example to follow.

I love you and I hope your Mother’s day is absolutely wonderful.
NIV Bible Translation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

WHAT IF?