God's Tossed Pennies

I find myself repeating the following story often when I am out and about, so I decided to post it again on my blog.

I hope it is an encouragment to you and that no matter what you can trust in Him.

A few years ago, my sister and I would do morning walks together, during the weekdays. One day there was a penny on the ground in front of me and I reached down to pick it up. I explained that not to long ago, I wouldn't have picked it up, but instead I'd just leave it for someone else who may need it.

But one day, I was convicted of appreciating even the smallest blessings that may be in front of me. God knows if I need a penny or not, so I decided to start picking them up, thank Him for it and also thank Him for all the other blessings He gives to me.

A few days later, during another one of our walks, we were talking about a burden my sister was carrying. I suddenly remembered the other thing I had heard about picking up a penny. On the coin is the words, "In God We Trust." Whenever a person finds a penny, they are to confess whatever they are not trusting God with in their life. And then say "In God I Trust." So I started doing just that.

We went no more than five feet when I heard my sister give a happy sound as she reached over and picked up a penny, "In God We Trust," she proclaimed.

Through the week we both continued to share things weighing heavy on our hearts and throughout the day we would pick up whatever pennies we found in front of us and then make a decision to trust God with our issues.

One day in particular, I just fretted and fretted over something. I found more pennies that day than I'd seen in a long time. Then the next day, on our daily excursion, we talked about our issues that still hadn't been resolved. We had a lot on our minds so we prayed while we walked.

Right after we finished praying, we noticed on the side of the road, was a PILE of pennies. We ran over to the pile and didn't care who was watching. We stooped down and picked up penny after penny, saying "In God we trust, in God we trust"...

Have a burden?

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Comments

Sylvia said…
Happy Day. New great blog!
Sylvia said…
I'm your first follower and your first commenter. I don't remember ever before being a double first at anything!

I love your first post, Linda. I'm eager for more.

Congratulations!
Anonymous said…
WOW!!!! Being the one who walks with you and lived this with you, it puts a tear in my eye and a giggle in my heart at the same time. It's all so simple. "In God We Trust", A-Men. Your Sister
G-Jan said…
Being A friend of" Anonymous" has brought me into your life and I am so glad. I really like the blog! G-Jan
Anonymous said…
Being A friend of "Anonymous" has brought me into your life and I am thankful for you both! Nice Blog! G-Jan
Anonymous said…
Thanks Linda, I needed that!
Anonymous said…
Love the darling photo of Kindergarten Graduation, complete with cap and gown (where DO they find them that tiny? Smile...). God's blessings are indeed new each day.

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

WHAT IF?