Walking In The Power



The Bourne Legacy movie came out this summer and, of course, my husband and I were right there with the rest of them to watch it. True to past movies, it was an exciting, sit on the edge of your seat movie.

On the drive home, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. One thing that stood out to me, (I’m going to try to write this without giving away the movie for those who still haven’t seen it and plan on seeing it.) was the main character had a procedure done that would give him certain strengths. He had to deal with his body’s transition, and after a certain amount of days, he woke up, and with no questions asked, popped out of bed and got down to business. He had stuff he had to do and he did it.

In the process of reviewing the movie in my mind, a thought drifted through, that just as Jesus was right there with the disciples, leading, teaching, providing, touching lives, doing miracles, so is the Holy Spirit here with us now.

The disciples could see Jesus, externally. We can’t see the Holy Spirit because He in us. But the Holy Spirit is here with us just as personally as Jesus was with the disciples.

I thought, wow, what a word picture for me. The character had something ingested and it changed him. He believed it would work for his life and he walked in it.

When we come to believe in Jesus, the Holy Spirit takes residence in us and changes us. But do we walk in the power that the Holy Spirit gives us to walk in? Do we truly receive everything He has for us?

When up against a trial…is His wisdom sought?

When hurt…is His comfort drawn?

When financial trouble comes…is His provision trusted?

When having to love the unlovable…is His love shown?

When having to forgive…is His forgiveness given?

The Bible tells us to walk in the Spirit.

I ask myself, do I really walk in all the Holy Spirit has for me? Do you take time to ask yourself that question?

John 14:15 – 21 NIV

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
You can click on the link below for Michael W Smith's song "Breathe"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YAy8HtB_pY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

He Chose You To Love You