Lately, It's About Trusting

Lately, it seems I keep writing about giving your cares to God and trusting Him. It just comes up over and over again in my life so I really don’t have a choice.

I feel as though I am at a place in my life where my faith is being stretched further than it ever has before.
It’s like my husband and I are on the edge of a cliff, hoping stones soon appear, so we clearly know where to put our next step down, so we can get to the other side. But right now, we aren’t seeing anything to help us get to the other side.

In one of the scenes from the movie Indiana Jones, he was on a cliff and had to step out before the stones appeared and then the stones showed up one by one.
That first step can be a terrifying leap of faith.

This last week I’ve been looking back and remembering all of my spiritual markers. I have to say God has never failed us. Sometimes it seemed like He was about too…we could feel air beneath our feet and then…His hand appeared.
Throughout the Bible you can find stories where God showed up and then the person left a memorial so they would see it and remember what God had done and so could future generations.

For example in Joshua 4:19-24
19 On the tenth day of the first month the people went up from the Jordan and camped at Gilgal on the eastern border of Jericho. 20 And Joshua set up at Gilgal the twelve stones they had taken out of the Jordan. 21 He said to the Israelites, “In the future when your descendants ask their parents, ‘What do these stones mean?’ 22 tell them, ‘Israel crossed the Jordan on dry ground.’ 23 For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan what he had done to the Red Sea[a] when he dried it up before us until we had crossed over. 24 He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God.”

I don’t put stones out all over the place, but I usually write it down or talk about what He has done. I have found when facing things, and battling worrying…I pray, read the Word to see His way and how He deals with other circumstances in the past. Then I look at my life and it adds to my faith.
But, God is a big God. He is not in a little God in a box. Or one I can control in my mind. What He did in the last incident or spiritual marker, He may not do in this one. I may see His hand work differently. He may be leading me in a new direction, or doing a new thing in my life.

That’s where faith comes in. Where I have to trust whatever He allows to happen in the situation.
In the devotion I read today, it said, “God does not differentiate between problems we should handle on our own and God-sized needs. He asks us to turn them all over to Him. One of our greatest errors is to assume we can deal with something ourselves, only to discover that we really can’t. God sees you as His frail child, burdened with a load that surpasses yours strength. He stands prepared to take your load and to carry it for you. Will you let Him?” Quoted out of the Experiencing God Day-By-Day Devotional and Journal by Henry T. and Richard Blackaby.

1Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. NIV
As I stand at the edge of the cliff, eyes closed, holding my husband’s hand, and cast all my anxiety to God…I have to believe…we step…right into God's hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

He Chose You To Love You