He Spoke It

I wish I had pictures to share with you today, so you could see how beautiful the surf was at the beach.

I stood at the edge of the water while my husband and daughter, who are like fish, jumped the waves or stood letting the waves pour over them.

It was so peaceful. I watched and listened, enjoying what was happening around me, oh, it was so beautiful. And fun, the birds were running around in the wet sand, the seagulls were pulling at the salmon heads left behind by the fishermen, and mine and other families were just plain having fun. The sky was a brilliant blue and the sun shined, the weather was just right, not to hot, not to cold.

I looked out at the vast ocean, and thought to myself, how can a person stand here and not come to the realization of how majestic God is? I imagined the sea life that was swimming around, whales, sea lions, otters, dolphins, sharks. Goodness, whales alone are humungous. I remember when I saw Keiko at the aquarium and was intimidated by his size when he swam toward the window. Yet the ocean is big enough for the whales to swim, and throw themselves in the air and there is still plenty of room for other fish.

I thought of the men who went out to sea on the ships, whether to transport products or to fish. And how the ocean can be peaceful one moment and then a sudden storm can brew and toss those huge ships and boats about effortlessly.

 I thought more of the power of this ocean, how the waves that are fun to play in, can turn into a wave of a tsunami and completely wipe out villages, or the wind and waves of a hurricane can destroy cities, and typhoons can cause flooding and vast destruction. It has so much power, it’s so unpredictable.

And God spoke it into existence.

How big is our God?

How majestic is He?

How powerful is the Lord?

Yet, as I listened to the giggles and screams of delight coming from my little girl, while the waves crashed against her, and her daddy stood next to her holding onto her tight, God wants us to come to Him as children. He hides us under the shelter of His wing. He listens. He cares for His children.

He loves us.

God the creator of the vast, powerful ocean is Your God. What on this earth could ever be so big, that He couldn’t take care of it for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

He Chose You To Love You