The Author Of Life

One of my favorite past-times is to listen to a good story, read a good book or watch a movie. Normally, I get emotionally involved and love it when I get to laugh and cry over what happens to the character in the story.

As an author, myself, when I write a story, I get attached to the characters. It may sound funny, but I cry while I write a scene that affects one of my characters negatively, and I laugh and clap my hands when an exciting or good turn of events is happening. Even though I want all of the people in my stories to have sweet happy endings it really wouldn’t make a realistic story. I write with the belief that every fiction story has a grain of truth in it and I also take true life experiences and work them out through the pages of fictitious people’s lives. My stories may not really happen, but they could happen.

I just recently finished one of the most difficult and painful scenes I’ve ever written. The first time I worked on it, it was so emotional for me I just wrote the bare skeletons of it. I cried with the characters and it bothered me for days. I had to revisit this scene quite a few times to add to it and give it the finishing touches. When I read it one last time to make sure it seemed realistic and was as gripping as I wanted it to be, I experienced everything right along with each character.

A women’s bible study group I’ve been in is just finishing up studying Revelations. Throughout the book is an incredible example of how the Author of Real Life gets personally involved with the people He has created. Although, the story is often times overwhelming and scary, and the enemy comes in with a vengeance against the Author’s Real Life people, in the end all of His people, after going through the journey, end up safe and sound.

I’ve been thinking over a few things since writing that scene and studying Revelations. The way it is for me when I write a story and what each person goes through. I get a story in my mind and soon a fictitious person’s life unfolds.
God writes each person’s story and gives them choices along the way to follow His path or their own. Now, my characters don’t get choices, they just do what I say. But God has given people, choice.

Sometimes after we’ve made the choice to follow the Author of our life, something will happen and although we come to Him, sometimes over and over again, it can seem there is no answer from Him. For example a sick loved one who is not getting better, job loss with no new job in sight, a financial crisis, a relationship gone south. Even though a person may pray and pray and pray it seems there is no answer.
Sometimes the answer I found is simply, “Thy will be done.” For some reason there are times He decides the answer to our prayer is simply to trust Him through the circumstance, no matter how it looks, or how it feels.

It’s during those times, creation bows to the Author of life, the King, believing that in the end, although the path is horrible, He promises, “All things work for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

He Chose You To Love You