Paper Airplane Ride

 


Today I woke up thinking of the future. So many things went through my mind. It looked scary and intimidating. 

Do you ever look at the great unknown of the future and miss seeing the possibilities, but instead, focus on what can go wrong? 

The great “what if” question can lead a person on a dark rabbit trail filled with thorny vines that ends at a high jagged rocky cliff to stumble off in to certain demise.

My thoughts were looking over that jagged rocky cliff. They hadn’t stumbled off yet, but I could envision what was certainly there to meet me in answer to my “what if” questions. 

Then I picked up my devotional. “Courage Instead Of Fear” said the bold Calibri 20 font heading at the top of the page. There is a picture of a paper airplane, with a heart emblem, flying directly at the bold Calibri 20 font heading. It is followed by this verse -

“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you: I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 HCSB

Do not fear.

Why?

The WORD says; 

I am WITH you. 

I am your GOD. 

I will STRENGTHEN you.

I will HELP you.

I will HOLD on to you with My righteous right hand. 

So, instead of stumbling down that high jagged rocky cliff into certain demise, by faith in what God’s word says, my heart can hop onto that paper airplane, and fly right off that ledge into the great unknown filled with possibilities. 

After all, God is holding ON to me with His righteous right hand. He will help me. He will strengthen me. He is with me. 

Whatever high jagged rocky edge you too are standing on, I hope you can know by faith, He will HOLD ONTO you with His righteous right hand. 

He’s got you and me.  

Matthew 6:34 says “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” 



(My thanks to Shanna Noel for her encouraging devotional journal “100 days of Bible Promises”.)






Comments

Unknown said…
I needed the reminder to not fear.
Sister said…
Good encouraging words.
Linda Reinhardt said…
Me too.
Good encouragement today.

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

WHAT IF?