Can I Have My Way Please?

 James 1:5 “If any of you lack wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” NIV

 I have been praying about something in my life. I would like to have this prayer work out a certain way. I pray for guidance and direction.

Today I also confessed I want this prayer to turn out the way I want it too. I don’t think I want it to turn out another way.

When I get direction I hope it is what my will is desiring.

I have to take a moment and think, what if the answer to this prayer is not what I desire? Will I struggle and struggle in prayer to try to see that outcome? Will I waste time whining and complaining about this matter?

Will I be able to trust God with the wisdom He gives me?

Sometimes answers to prayer don’t come right away, but when the answer comes will I take note and follow if it is in the opposite direction?

It is exciting when a prayer is answered.

Sometime though answers to prayers can be very disappointing.

A pastor once said something along the line - to pray until your heart is in line to God’s will.

That changed my perspective on prayer. It’s not just a go "ask your Father" kind of thing and you wait for a yes or no. It is truly a time to get God’s perspective and walk in His wisdom.

I will admit at this time I am still hoping His perspective gives me wisdom to have things work out the way I plan. However, if not, I do hope my heart is lined up with His will.  I can then go and do things with His wisdom. 

Hopefully I will do things cheerfully or at least with a heart that knows His way is the best way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very good food for thoughts 😊♥️

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

WHAT IF?