The EVERYTHING'S

 

Isaiah 40:11

"He tends his flock like a shepherd:

He gathers them in his arms and carries them close to his heart;

He gently leads those that have young."

This verse conjures up the image of a grassy meadow by a hillside. The sun shining in a blue sky. The sound of the water playing a soothing song and a strong person with his shepherds hook, watching over a flock of sheep. 

Peaceful. Soothing. Safe.

There may be wolves, bears, or other wild animals in the woods wanting to devour the sheep. A storm may be on the horizon. There may also be a cliff somewhere up around the bend, but the shepherd is there to tend them. The sheep only need to follow him and pay attention. They don't need to worry about those other things, because the shepherd takes care of those other things. 

A sheep doesn't see the wolf or the bear or any other wild animal and go take care of it. No they get scared, make noises, move around, and the SHEPHERD takes care of the enemy.

The same with a storm, or if there is rough water, or a cliff, the shepherd brings the sheep through.

Psalm 23 Starts with - "The Lord is my shepherd."

How many times have people said this verse from memory. For me it was one of the first verses I memorized as a child. 

The Lord is our shepherd. 

When I come to the shepherd with my cares, my concerns, I know, He is the one who takes care of all of those outside things that threaten to harm me and my loved ones. 

When I am walking through a storm, through rough waters, or it looks like I am going to just fall off a cliff, it is the shepherd who brings me through it all. 

I do make a lot of noise when I am upset or scared. I do have my opinions like I can fight off the big bad wolf or bear, all by myself. Sometimes I try to walk through storms, push through the rough waters, or even jump from one cliff to another without first holding on to my shepherd, and I do get hurt often. 

Fortunately, for me, Jesus does leave the 99 to go get that missing lost sheep. He doesn't leave a person out there when they leave the flock. He brings them back in. 

When I start making noise in front of my Shepherd or I am moving all about because I am nervous or scared, He brings me comfort. 

When we trust the Shepherd we get the blessing of laying in a green meadow, or walking beside still waters and we get to dine in the presence of our enemy.

Right now is such a rough time. It can be scary too. There are so many different things happening.

We can run off and try to fight the enemy that is trying to devour us or the storm that can wipe us away, or the waters that can drown us, we can also fight with the other sheep in the flock. Or we can as a flock of sheep gather around our Shepherd. 

I can conjure up an image of that too. I can imagine all of His people gathered around Him and allowing Him to take care of the problem the enemies are bringing. 

Can you picture Him taking His shepherds hook and pulling the sheep in that are trying to take care of things on their own?

Can you picture Him seperating those that are fighting against each other in the flock?

I think wonderful things would happen in this world, if we as sheep stopped fighting each other, or stopped fighting the battles that are all around us on our own, and gathered in around the shepherd. 

As we make noise, as we move about, He will take care of the other things. 

Come let us bring all things to Him. Let us turn to our Shepherd.

Isaiah 40: 25 (NIV)

"To whom will you compare me?

Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One.

26 Lift your eyes and look to the heavens;

Who created all these?

He who brings out the starry host one by one, 

and calls them each by name.

Because of His great power and mighty strength,

not one of them is missing. 

27 Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain O Israel.

My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God?"

28 Do you not know?

Have you not heard?

The LORD is the everlasting God and Creator of the ends of the earth.

He will not grow tired or weary,

and His understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary, and He increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." 

May you TRUST the LORD, our Shepherd, with all of the EVERYTHING'S, and soar on wings like eagles, run and not grow weary, and walk and not be faint! 

Photo by photos-sam-carter-GHOiyov2TSQ-unsplash.jpg

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well said Linda, thank you.
koalabeebear said…
You knocked it out of the park, Home Run, Score!
You re amazingly insightful!
Sister said…
You got that right 💕
Awesome easy to read and understand writing ✍ 😁

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

WHAT IF?