Remember? ...Remember!

 

Psalm 145:18

“The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him in truth.” NLT

 I sat down with anxious thoughts and confessed them in my prayers. I prayed for all the things that overwhelmed me, my imaginary fears, and the fear of what reality brought to my life.

I remember where I was 19 years ago. (Why 19 years ago?) Nineteen years ago on my husband's birthday, I woke up, and was very scared.

 I had experienced 2 miscarriages already and I had believed I was experiencing yet another one. 

 I had been so afraid a miscarriage would happen again, then my fears came true...on my husband's birthday.

I was devastated.  Angry. Hurt.

 I had two nuts in my close circle who told me I DID NOT MISCARRY.

 I was so mad at them. I needed comfort. I knew what was happening to me. I knew what I saw. I needed to be comforted not lied to and I didn't want to deal with their false hope.

 They insisted I did not miscarry.

 A few days later, I had to go for an ultrasound to make sure everything had cleared.

 I was so depressed and just wanted the day to be over with. In my mind it was senseless for me to be there. I knew what had happened 

 I laid on the table waiting for the procedure to be done. 

 The technician looked at the screen and got a questioning look on his face. He said he was under the impression I was here because of a miscarriage, and I told him that I was.

 He turned the screen around and showed me a beating heart on the screen.

 She was alive.

 ALIVE! I had experienced 2 miscarriages before, and I knew what it looked and felt like and that is exactly what was happening to my body. Yet she was alive!!!

 And now 19 years later she is not here at home, and it is an empty hole. I miss her and at the same time encourage her on her journey, for she is at college this year!

 In the space of this 19 years; life was not like a beautiful Hallmark movie.

 We have climbed many steep mountains and many mountains have been moved out of the way. We have had many trials and, we have seen one miracle after another.

 And here we are today...yes, I came and gave my anxious thoughts to God, and God gave me a reminder of where we were 19 years ago and what different things He had done in our lives. Nineteen years ago, I thought I had lost my daughter, today she is in college.  

 In the Old Testament the Israelites made altars to remember. In Joshua 4 after they had crossed over the Jordan river on dry land into the promise land, the Lord had them build an altar to remind them. When those in future generations asked what the altar had been built for, they could tell them the story of how God brought them into the promise land.

 My husband's birthday is a clear reminder of just one story of what God has done in our lives. 

One of Susan Larsen’s blessing speaks right to those altar reminders. 

https://susielarson.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9d8f75989af0c7470a5be3155&id=c33671fc0a&e=cdf983d709

Daily Blessing

May God open the heavens and give you a glimpse of how far you’ve come on this journey. You’re still standing! In Christ, you’re stronger than you know. May you see with eyes of faith how many mountains have moved on your behalf! May Jesus speak peace to your soul and strength to your heart. May you understand—on a whole new level—why God has allowed you to walk through your trials. He has something for you in these places…treasures in the darkness that will serve you well in the days ahead. Don’t lose hope. Don’t let go of His promises. Circumstances are changing because of your faith. Pause this weekend and celebrate even the smallest victories! 

Psalm 32:7 NIV ~ You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

*Photo: Pixabay

 

 

 

Copyright © 2021 Susie Larson Ministries, All rights reserved.
You signed up www.susielarson.com for daily blessings

 



 

No matter how hopeless it looks. No matter how scary it gets. Remember. Remember! God is close. God is near. God is working. 

Remember.

What reminders do you have of God's work to help you through what you are dealing with today?                                                             


Comments

Sister said…
Awesome writing sister, I remember that glorious day.
Praise the Lord.
Wanda
Anonymous said…
It is amazing to consider that we forget to remember.
Well done!

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

WHAT IF?