Quarantine Time

I have been reading and reading and reading about how hard the restrictions are on some people during this quaratine time. Some people are angry. Some people are complaining about the government. Some people think it is just plain stupid.

I myself needed a break. I am sad that I am getting a break while others are suffering and dying.

Still I really needed a break from my calendar. Each day was so full I was struggling to keep up with life.

There are moments during this quaranting when I am dealing with a toddler, trying to get work done, and my daughter getting her school work done that make me feel as though I could go crazy.

Despite that, I have had a break.

Have I been able to get things done? Sort of.

I am blogging again. I have unpacked a lot of things. It is good to be able to unpack since we haven't been able to really establish our home, due to some medical things in our family happening, since the day we moved in. 

I don't want to look back at this time and wish I would have used it to its full potential. I mean some people are seriously ill and in the hospital. Some are dying. I want to use the time I am healthy in a good way.

At this point I am healthy and I praise the Lord for that. I am so glad I am not sick.

Yeah, maybe the restrictions suck, but it is temporary. 

What can I do during this time to make it pass productively?

Joseph is a guy who was told about in the Bible. His brothers sold him into slavery. He then got accused of messing with his master's wife and thrown into prison. He then helped some guys who got out of prison and they forgot about him. Meanwhile, Joseph who should have kicked and screamed the entire time he went through all of this forced entrapment, did his very best, wherever he was and trusted the Lord.

When Joseph was finally released God BLESSED him immensely. Super BLESSED him and used him to provide for a famine that was in the horizon and to provide for his family. even his brothers that sold him to slavery. (Genesis)

He didn't make his brothers pay for what they did. He blessed them. And he didn't let his entrapment take from his life. Wherever Joseph was forced to land he excelled.

I want that attitude.

God allowed this into my life for a reason. Do you think He allowed it into your life for a reason?

My prayer would be to say   - What Lord?

What do You want me to do?

I am basically in my home while this pandemic is going on. I am with the kids all day, their ages are at two different ends of the spectrum. I am doing my part time job from my office. I have a lot to unpack so I can put our house together and make it a cozy home. And starting next week I am helping our toddler with online preschool.

Still...is there something you want me to do?

Right now, thank you very much Lord, my family is in a healthy place. That feels wonderful since we had so many medical things to deal with last year.

I have my list to do during this, but wonder if there is anything specific you would want me to do?

I have the time right now.

I do not want to walk out of this quarantine and not have used the time to the best of my ability or to do what you want me to do.

If it is rest. I pray to rest.

If it is completing projects. I pray to complete the projects.

If it is just a time to be set apart. I pray to just be set apart.

If I am to reach out to someone. I pray I will reach out to them.

If I am to make wonderful memories for my family. I pray that is what I will do.

Help me to not waste this precious time.

Help me to walk away from this and know I used this time well.

Help me to be a blessing to other's when this is done and a blessing to my family.

And for everyone else. I pray for health and this virus to be STOPPED. And for Your PEACE to fill the hearts and minds of the people in the world. I pray for provision for people who have no income. And for our daily freedom to be brought back to us.

In Jesus name,

Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

WHAT IF?