IT is REALLY FINISHED

That’s what Jesus said on the cross, “It is finished.” And then he died.

If we could only grasp that to its fullness.

He IS the final sacrifice for sins.

There is not one thing you can do to add to the payment needed for your sins.

Not. One.

Nope. Not that.

And not that either.

The price is paid.

When we paid off our car. There was absolutely no reason to give the bank any more of our money. Our car was paid for and legally all ours.

We paid all we needed to pay for the car. There is a zero balance.

We could keep paying for the car, but it is completely paid off.

Just like we can do things to try to pay for the price of our sin to God.

Are there consequences to sin? Yes. Sometimes. You can do things that will send your little self to jail, or break up a relationship, or make you suffer physically.

But between you and God, Jesus death on the cross paid the price for our sins.

Can you believe that?

Will you believe that?

I used to struggle with that and make myself pay penance for when I messed up. Until I realized, I was living like I did not believe Jesus died on the cross as the final sacrifice for my sins.

I had to have faith that if I confessed my sins Jesus would be faithful to cleanse me from all unrighteousness and that He was for me, not against me. He wants me to be victorious.

The more time I spend in His Word, the more I get it.

Jesus said, “It is Finished.” I’ve learned to believe it. I hope you believe it too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

WHAT IF?