CROSS=LOVE


My husband and I are back at school. Our brains are being used in a way they haven’t been in a very long time.

The teaching is fast and it takes a bit more of an effort to store the knowledge in our brain’s files and not let it float in and fly right out again. Sometimes it was like a very windy day in my head. I would go over and over and over a formula before the information actually took.

I did a LOT of note taking, while it seems most of the younger students were actively participating.
The teacher for my first class had a gift of teaching. He and a few of the students actually enjoyed figuring out different problems.

Did I forget to tell you I took a Pre-Algebra class?

And they seemed to be having fun working out all of the formulas.

I am so glad I took the Pre-Algebra class to get my brain warmed up again. I had to go down into the cellar and pull out the drawers of some rusty file cabinets to draw out information that had been stored for ages.

I was quite surprised to realize how much a person does use the information I was reviewing and re-learning in Algebra in ordinary life.

Once you get the easier formulas down, you can easily compare the price of one item to the next and pick the least expensive if you so choose. You can figure out how far to go on your tank of gas or even your tire that may need replacing soon. You can get the best discounts on clothes. I knew this before, but did not connect it to Algebra.

Then as a person advances and learns other formulas they can figure out how long a shadow of a tree is, or how tall a tree is in ratio to a person’s height, how many games a person won or lost in a season. A person can get really good at statistics.

And when you figure out some really hard, and mind tiring formulas, you can measure circles, cylinders, squares, houses, buildings, and then…you can measure the speed of light! You can measure the distance to Mars if you so like.

In every formula there is an order of operation, Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition and Subtraction. You can remember this order, by remembering or saying “Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.” If followed correctly, you will have the right answer. If not…One time I did a problem over and over again and kept coming up with the wrong answer. I did everything according to the ORDER of OPERATION. The problem is, a person can do the order, but you still have to do what’s in the parentheses, exponents, division, multiplication, addition, and subtraction correctly to find the variable x or y, which is a missing number.

It can be very frustrating and take up a lot of time to figure out the right way. 1y + 1y = 2y
Well after doing the formula a person discovers, ‘y’ is the number “1.”

Almost thirty years ago, I thought I had the right answers, and then I had to start studying the Bible for a reason that is a story in itself, and discovered something that allowed me to discover who “Y” is in my life.

I’ve always believed there was a God in heaven. I’ve always known that Jesus died for me on the cross.

Up to that point, I didn’t have the formula that connected the variable “y” with my life.

I still remember the first day I understood the “Y” in the Bible, John 1:1, “In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God. He was with God in the beginning.”

WORDy = GODy

I read the next verses that explained the Word = Him. And that through Him all things were made, without Him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

So “y” is a him.
WORD(him) = God(him)

The Bible goes on to say that anyone who believes in His name, He gave the right to become children of God – children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

But what is His name? So WORDxy = Godxy

John then explains in verse 14 that the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. And then in verse 17 it lets us know who the Word is…Jesus Christ.

Word(Jesus)(Him) = God (Jesus)(Him)

I discovered a truth that opened my heart and mind to want to discover more about this Jesus. It was obvious by this formula that He wasn’t made on Christmas day. That wasn’t his first day, because as the formula states, He is the WORD and the Word was in the beginning with God doing all of the creating.

He came down to earth as a man and walked among us.

He left everything and became a man. He wasn’t a created man. He became a man.

After walking among His people for about thirty-three years he made his way to the city where he would give the only sacrifice needed for all of our sins.

Jesus(y) = final(y)
Jesus(sacrifice)=final(sacrifice)
His life was the final sacrifice for sin.

When He was in the garden He prayed and told the Father, not my will, but Yours be done.

He wasn’t taken by surprise when the soldiers came. He knew they were coming for him. He knew Judas would betray him and Peter would deny him. He knew.

Still he went.

He knew he was paying the price for all of man-kinds sins.

Still he stood when they were beating him. He stood while they spit in his face. He stood while they put the thorn of crowns on his head. He stood while the crowds cheered for Pontius Pilate to crucify

Jesus.
Jesusy = Steadfasty
Jesus(love)=Steadfast(love)

When I read the account of Jesus death with the knowledge that He was God the Son. He could have called down a legion of angels to wipe out the people who were torturing Him. He could have walked away, but didn’t.

He walked TO... He struggled, weak from the torture, he needed to be helped, but he didn’t stop, he went to the cross. He didn’t call on the angels or command the men to stop when they hammered him to that cross.

Instead, as He looked over the city, He asked God the Father to forgive them.

Jesusx = forgivex
Jesus(love)=forgive(love)

WHY?

He determined to keep to the Father’s plan and be the sacrifice that was needed so I could be with the Father in eternity. If I only believe.

Not just me but YOU too!

When I realize what He did for me and you, it makes all of the promises of scripture became real and true.

He says, He will NEVER leave us, nor forsake us.

He says, NOTHING can separate us from His love, NOTHING.

Not even ourselves, if we believe.

God has taken the most tortuous kind of execution and made it so it is a picture of absolute pure love.
Jesus hung on that cross, beaten to a pulp, because He, the Father, and the Holy Spirit, were determined we would be with them in heaven for eternity.

Good Friday has the color of love.

Word(him)(light)(love)(steadfast)(forgive)(final)(sacrifice)(eternal)=Jesus(God)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

WHAT IF?