Seasons Change Don't They?

Yesterday, when I stepped out the door to my place I realized it was soon going to be time to put the flip flops away. So today, I wore regular SHOES.

Even though we’ve had our thunderstorms and rain showers over the last couple of weeks, the sun has managed to shine here and there, making it okay to still where spring like types of clothes.

When I drove my daughter to school the streets were lined with leaves and pine needles due to the wind and rain storm over the weekend.

I shook my head. It all changed so fast.

Just a few weeks ago we were out hiking or biking, and sweating while doing it. The views were full of beautiful trees with GREEN leaves.

People were jumping into the waters under the falls. It was a nice, warm season to have outdoor fun. And so beautiful.

 

Now, one by one, people are donning their coats. Here and there I noticed the boots were being worn…

Not that I don’t thoroughly enjoy cozy sweaters and a cute pair of boots, I’m just finding through the last couple of years that it’s harder to let summer go and head into my favorite season of fall.

Fall is a time where I love to get into the activities, and come indoors for socializing. I love sitting and chatting over coffee, watching movies, and all I love all of the school and church programs.

Yet, summer brings a sense of freedom, and a season of outdoor fun. But it’s time, to say goodbye and move on.

One season just moves into another. There is absolutely no way to change that.

The other day I went to the doctor to have some of my moles looked at. When I showed him and his assistant some marks that had showed up on my arm, he smiled, before he let me know they were just AGE spots.

I really didn’t appreciate hearing that piece of information. I informed him so and told him they weren’t age spots but beauty spots, and after a couple of suggestions, we all decided they would be called wisdom spots.  
Sigh.

There’s no stopping it, as long as I’m breathing, I’m aging. It’s not something I should complain about I guess, because I really do appreciate the fact that I’m still breathing.  

Still…how did I get to this season?

I remember when I turned forty and my eye doctor told me to expect to have to have to wear bifocals soon just because I was now in my forties. Well, my eyes worked just fine until I was close to fifty before I had any kind of problems.

Now at fifty, I’m getting weird spots on my skin.  

Seasons of life change just as the seasons in the weather change. Yet, it can take a person by surprise.

Ecclesiastes 3:1- 8 tells us there is a season for everything.
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
A time to be born and a time to die,
A time to plant and a time to uproot,
A time to kill and a time to heal,
A time to tear down and a time to build,
A time to weep and a time to laugh,
A time to mourn and a time to dance,
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
A time to embrace and a time to refrain,
A time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
A time to tear and a time to mend,
 A time to be silent and a time to speak,
A time to love and a time to hate,
A time for war and a time for peace.” NIV

There are many seasons to go through in life. Changes happen. The only thing that doesn’t change is God, Himself. Nothing about Him changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.


So, during the shift of seasons, we can hold onto Him knowing His promises always will stay true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

WHAT IF?