Who Are We Following?

1I had a list a mile long today of things I wanted to get done. It’s my first day off where I don’t have a million things other than “my” list calling my name.

The Bible verse, “Seek first the kingdom of God and all of these things will be added to you..” kept going through my mind.

So, I sat down and proceeded to read the required reading of the day for our women’s Bible study group.
We are in the book of Ezekiel which is hard to read. It’s full of prophecy and warning for the Israelites.

I was feeling a bit antsy to finish reading the chapters and get on with my day. I realized I was acting like my daughter does when I’m trying to explain something to her and she has a hard time sitting still.

I tried really hard to actually listen to what I was reading and not just speed read the chapters to say, “Ta-dah! I’m done.”

The words I heard were distressing. God called out a warning about what He was about to do to and they weren't listening.

In Ezekiel 24:13 He finally says, “’Now your impurity is lewdness. Because I tried to cleanse you but you would not be cleansed from your impurity, you will not be clean again until my wrath against you has subsided. 14 I the Lord have spoken. The time has come for me to act. I will not hold back; I will not have pity, nor will I relent. You will be judged according to your conduct and your actions, declares the Sovereign LORD.’”

I thought to myself, I would not want to hear those words from God. For those who believe in Jesus, He tells us that Jesus paid the price for all the things we've done.

Although, we have times we face the consequences for our sins, the eternal price has been paid.

Then I thought, I want to allow God to cleanse me. I want to be moldable to what He wants to do in my life. And not fight it.

Yes, the Bible says, that if we confess our sins, He is faithful to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9.

So my prayer is that my eyes would be open to those sins that I am blind to. To confess them and walk cleansed because God cleansed me.

Jesus also calls us to follow Him. What does that mean in my life? In your life?

Here’s a thought to ponder. Have you ever taken a good look at whom or what you are following? Is every day filled with following Jesus down the pathway of life?

And are you listening? I know how restless I was today. I didn't really want to take the time to listen. I was just like a child being held on their parents lap, squirming to get away, so I could go do what I wanted to do. 

God still calls out to people. He calls for us to believe in His Son Jesus Christ as their Savior. No matter how much that call is ignored, He is coming back, and He is coming back for those who believe in Him.

There is no argument about that…all of the prophecies of the Bible have happened so far. If God said it He did it.


Let’s not waste our time on following the latest trend, the latest popular person…let’s spend our time following the only one who leads us to our ETERNAL home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

He Chose You To Love You