He Chose You To Love You

 


Pretty much every morning I open my eyes to a cute little cat staring at me waiting for me to wake up. My other cat is prowling around the bed meowing trying to get me up, usually way before I want to wake up. I say good morning to them, pet them, and they follow me around the room.

Then I go into my office where my dogs sleep and let them out of their kennels. Those two dogs get so excited. Their tails wag, and their little bodies wiggle crazily about me while I pet them. Then they greet each other by panting in each other’s faces, chewing at each other, and wagging their tails more. It is truly an ordeal to get down the stairs safely, they are so excited.

Once they go outside and eat, as soon as I sit down, they wiggle their way to me and rub their excited little bodies up against me and just want to be talked to and petted.

They get so excited as I talk to them and get full of energy, rolling on the floor, jumping, and ending up wrestling with one another.

Each of these 4 animals we chose, one at a time, to come to live in our home to be part of our family.

The 3rd animal we chose is a golden doodle named Missy.

Missy was returned to the original breeder because she wasn’t a good fit for the home that first purchased her.

When we went to meet her, we pulled up to a farmhouse, and could hear a dog barking from inside the house. Venturing inside we discovered a few older dogs and a new litter of puppies. Against the wall a kennel sat, a loud barking noise came from it.

The breeder opened the door of that kennel and out sprung a white furry dog barking like crazy and ran right at us. She didn’t bite us or anything, she just barked like a lunatic right in front of us.

The breeder brought us all outside and she followed barking and barking. This is weird character for me, since I have a certain fear of dogs, but I went over to that crazy barking fur ball, put my hand under her chin, and asked are you scared?

She stopped barking. She then proceeded to follow us and then took a walk with us. She went home with us that day. And for about the first year, maybe longer, our days were like the entire Marley movie in 24 hours.

As a puppy, she was crazy, and did that dog, get into stuff. One time while painting something blue outside I needed to go inside. I put the paint up so Missy could not get into the paint. Went inside, came back out to a dog with a paint brush in her mouth, and blue paint on her white fur.

When my husband mowed the lawn, she would follow behind Ben and rub the fresh grass and her white fur that turned green.



When I walked her around the neighborhood, she would do summer saults in the neighbor’s yards. Some neighbors sat on their porch and enjoyed watching her antics while I tried to walk her. Some came out to meet her and watched the bundle of white energy mature.

She emptied the garbage cans in the house for us, but somehow the garbage never made it to the outside garbage can. Instead, it would be all over the floor.

Missy knew which shoes had furry insoles which became chew toys.

The stuffed animals were gutted quickly.

While preparing food, it did not belong on the counter; it belonged in her mouth.

She is an incredible escape artist. Our doors are tall and must be pushed shut firmly. Missy always knows if the door is not shut firmly and will open it. With her escape out of the house, the fun began, she chased the neighbors with her loud bark.

Many times, we would find a neighbor frozen because a crazy white fur ball was barking her head off at them.  Usually, they were very nice about it and helpful. Except one time, I came out just in time to find a neighbor holding a rock over Missy’s head.

During one of her escapes, while the rain POURED down, she went to the field by our house. The fur ball would run to us when we called her name and then run away. She had a blast. Us - we got soaked.

Oh, and she could not see a cat outside, that was way too much fun for her. Not only did she get to run and chase the cat, but I think she loved it because we would run with her, trying to catch her.

The funny thing about Missy is that if she escapes and we don’t know, she comes back to the house to get my attention. Once she does, then off she goes.

She escaped my car once and ran around in traffic. Fortunately for me, a guy walked by on the sidewalk that got her attention and she had to go bark at him. The guy kneeled and stayed there speaking calmly to her until I got to her and then I was able to get her back into the car.

The thing about Missy is she is a bundle of energetic love. I love that crazy dog. She has grown so much and matured as she has lived with us. She is an amazing dog. Not perfect but amazing.



She was rejected by those she first loved. Then she was brought into a family that loved her.

Just like we chose dogs and cats to be a part of our family. The Bible tells us that God chose us to be a part of His family.

He loves us. He loves us sooo much He gave His only begotten Son to die on the cross for us.

And it doesn’t matter if we experienced rejection or did crazy things, God chose us.

One morning while during the morning crazy petting time with my dogs, a thought went through my mind, this is how God wants me to come to Him each day. He wants me to believe in His love for me, hear His words of love, and receive the love He has for me.

1 John 4 tells us it is not because we loved Him first. He loved us FIRST!

And the Bible also says that while we were STILL sinners, He died for us. So, He has already paid the price for whatever wrong deed you or I have ever done. It also says that HE purifies us. It doesn’t say I have to purify me.

There is nothing you can do about your wrongs in God’s kingdom, cause Jesus already took care of it.

Have you taken the step to follow God and be a part of His family?

Have you allowed yourself to walk as a chosen one of the creator of you?

Have you received the gift He has for you through Jesus His Son?

If not and you are reading this today, come, come follow Jesus, be a part of His family.

 Pray this prayer and step into the family of chosen ones today…

Father thank you for loving me.

I believe Jesus died on the cross for me to pay for all my sins already.

I ask you to come into my life. Teach me to follow you and receive your love.

Giving me an eternal saving faith. In Jesus name, Amen.

And a note to those who woke up today where life is hard and life sucks. I pray you curl up and let His comfort and love cover over you better than any comfy blankie can. Please take the time to just absorb what He has for you. The world, relationships, and all the other garbage in the world can wait. Please let yourself be comforted and feel that love that will get you through this season in your life.

Now I pray that you know and receive God’s mercies that are new EVERY morning and be blessed with His peace that passes all understanding, through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen. 

Lamentations 3:22-23 RSV

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness NKJV











Comments

Sissy said…
So thankful, We are never rejected by God.
Awesome read ♥️

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?