Goodbye For Now Rosey

I just want to take a few moments to thank God and say how much I appreciate that I was fortunate enough to have an Uncle Rosey in my life.

A few days ago, after a huge physical battle for the last couple of years, my Uncle went on to heaven. That man will be missed by me and many others. He suffered for so long, that he is probably dancing in heaven from the relief of physical pain.

I am not surprised when I hear the comments about my Uncle on social media. One thing that is a common thread about my Uncle, is how polite and easy going he was. Favorite saying that I heard him say, “Go with the flow.”

You will also hear that he treated people with respect. He thanked people that waited on him and took care of him. His last days he was pretty sick. When I saw him interact with the nurses it amazed me. A constant thank you fell from his lips and no complaints. With all of his struggles, and with the length of time of his struggles, he still considered others.

He was the oldest boy in a family with 2 girls and 6 boys. My dad and him were close in age. He was very protective of his family. That is one of the reasons that I admired him so much. I knew he had my Dad’s back at all times.

His protectiveness had been proven to me many times, however one night, from when I was young, sticks in my mind the most. I came home really late one weekend. I was in the bathroom and out of the side of my eye I saw something hopping up and down. A black mouse was in our bathtub.

I had never experienced a mouse in the house before.

I woke up my parents. My dad and mice do not go together well. My dad called my uncle.

Despite the hour. My uncle came over and set a trap for the mouse then went home.

That action of my uncle has stuck with me every day since. No teasing, and no complaining came from him, just protective action.

That particular action gave me a secure feeling. I have always known that if I needed someone he would be there if he could.

I ran out of gas once by his house. He took care of it.

Whenever my parents were in the hospital. He would be there for us.

When I was young, and my brothers played baseball he hung out with me at the park. We ate sunflower seeds and corn dogs with mustard while we watched the games. He would sit between me and my friend.

The Rose between two thorns he would say. So, he became my uncle Rosey.

He was a security in my life. A loving, smiling security. I think his example made it easy for me to believe when I heard how God loved me and had my back. I mean I had a physical example of someone who just cared about people and had their back.

 When people walked in the room, they received a big welcoming smile and hello from him. It didn’t matter how long it had been since I had seen him, he always lit up in a smile and gave me a welcoming hello.

 I was blessed to have an Uncle Rosey. Many people were blessed to have him in their lives as a dad, grandfather, brother, uncle, friend, and neighbor.

 I am going to miss you and hearing of your times with my Dad, Uncle Rosey.

 I thank God for letting me know you and seeing a loving way to interact with others. I love you a lot.

 Goodbye just for now.

 

Comments

Sister said…
Yep, that's uncle Doug

Good man, filled with love for his family.
See you on the other side.♥️

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

WHAT IF?