May He Hear You From Heaven

 I went for a walk with my dog. 


I let her go where she wanted. I let her just sniff and sniff some more. 

I didn't strive to get my steps in. 

I just walked with my dog. 

There was a gentle breeze. 

Not to hot. Not to cold. It was just right. 

There wasn't anyone else around. 

So nice.

So peaceful.

I have to tell you, it was an incredible time. 

Just me and my dog. 

No phone.

No news.

No social media.

Something I desperately needed. 

I had woke up in the morning wanting to pray.

Pray about everything.

Pray about all the darkness in the world. 

The virus.

People who are sick.

Fighting.

Riots.

Sex Traffiking.

Pedophilia.

Beirut.

Bickering.

School.

Missing people.

Missing interaction.

Did I mention the masks? 

I AM SORRY! I WAS NOT GOING TO GO THERE!

Did I mention it is hard to see so much chaos? So many people getting hurt? So many things getting destroyed? Did I mention people I know are sick? Did I mention people are hurting in so many ways?

I asked how to pray? 

I soaked up the peacefulness of the moment. It was a complete contrast from the angst ringing right out of my phone. 

I felt the breeze which felt like a gentle hug from God. And the story of a time in the Bible came to mind. 

It is found in chapter 6 of 2 Chronicles.

Solomon had just completed building the temple for the LORD. 

The people were gathered together and he blessed them. He praised the Lord and acknowledged all that he done and the promises God had kept.  

And then - 

He blessed God's people. 

He covered a lot of different angst that people will find themselves in. He asked God to forgive them and he said to the Lord God..."and hear from heaven..." 

That is my prayer. 

My prayer for those who are -


Misunderstood.

Hurt.

Sick.

Angry.

Scared.

Trapped.

Confused.

Unloved.

Lonely.

Fighting.

Tired.

Depressed.

Abused.

Scared.

My list could go on for a very long time. 

This is my prayer for you, whoever, and wherever you may be. 

2 Chronicles 6:30 "then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive, and deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know the human heart)..." (NIV)

No matter where you are or what your are going through, may God hear you from heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

WHAT IF?