Monday Monday

“Monday, Monday” by the Mama’s and the Papa’s. 

"...Every other day, every other day

Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
A you can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way
Oh Monday, Monday, won't go away
Monday, Monday, it's here to stay
Oh Monday, Monday
Oh Monday, Monday..."

I am singing that song TODAY!

Monday started at 1:00 this morning when I got woke up out of a deep sleep, and well…it went from there. One thing after another.

I’ve had tears…I’ve said "the words.” Yep, it’s a Monday.

Not just for me, but my husband and sister are having a Monday too.

One negative thing after another.

How can Sunday be so sweet…and then Monday happens?

And then I think about my sister in law’s aunt whose last day was today.

It makes me appreciate even the Monday’s that wear a person down.

And then I read about the woman whose cancer didn’t respond to treatment and her husband throws away the calendar because they only have a short time together with their child.

Oh, sweet Lord. With tears I cling to the fact that I have this Monday, as hard as it is.
With all of the frustration. With all of the hurts. Doubts. Fears.

I appreciate that I can…

Thank you Lord for this day.

Time is short.  Today is just one of those days a person has to push through and stand.

At night, when I lay down my head in utter exhaustion on my pillow, despite my failings throughout this day, I am grateful for this day.

This day that the Lord has given me.

This time I have with those I love.

This moment to sit behind a computer and do my job.

Meditate on These Things ] Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

He Chose You To Love You