Just One Of Those Times...


Ever have one of those issues in your life that never seems to go away? It’s something you deal with in one way or another over and over again?

Well, my husband and I have had one for a long time, and every time we seem to be overcoming this issue, we’ve been thrown a curve, and back to the drawing board we go.

A couple of weeks ago, I was really excited because I believed we were about to conquer this issue. I went to bed, praising the Lord, only to wake up in the morning to be thrown a curve.

I was so frustrated and just plain tired of the whole thing.

Well, in discouragement I picked up my Bible to do the reading required for our women’s weekly Bible study. I picked up my old Bible that I read when my favorite one isn’t just within my reach.

Now, I’ve had this old Bible for a long time. I’ve read from it periodically, but on this particular day, some colored cards fell out of my Bible.

The first one read…”Do not fear….”

The second one read…”Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

And the third one read…”I will help you…”

I took the one with the verse from Philippians and read it, and then I followed the verses instructions and prayed exactly that way. Now, I’ve prayed and prayed and prayed and…did I say prayed about this situation a LOT. My husband has prayed and prayed and prayed…. We've prayed together...friends pray and pray….

Still, I prayed again, following the verses instructions.

Then I read the other two and decided I would work really hard to not worry, or fear and I would trust that God was going to help us. I mean, He has been faithful to help us time and time again while we are dealing with this.

I wondered all day long how He would help us. I looked at a bunch of different angles, but just couldn’t find a way that He could help us in the way we needed.

Then…help came through. He surprised us and really helped us in an incredible way.

You know, there is a chance we will be given another curve. It’s happened time and time again, but that’s not the point here.

The point is.

He helped us AGAIN.

In a way we couldn’t have even imagined, just as in Ephesians 3:20, “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us…”

I was doing the daily reading of from our women's Bible study at church and read -
Psalm 84:5 - 7
5Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
6As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs, the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
7They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.”

The commentary in my Life Application Bible by Zondervan has a very encouraging note for Psalm 84:5-7; “The pilgrimage to the temple passed through the barren Valley of Baca. No specific valley has been identified with Baca. Because Baca can mean “weeping,” it may have been a symbolic reference to the times of struggles and tears through which people must pass on their way to meet God. Growing strong in God’s presence is often preceded by a journey through barren places in our lives. The person who loves to spend time with God will see his or her adversity as an opportunity to re-experience God’s faithfulness. If you are walking through your own Valley of Baca today, be sure your pilgrimage leads toward God, not away from him.”

Maybe there is something you have been dealing with for years and need answers and you need them quick.

Don’t give up. Keep going before His throne over and over and over again.

He says to cast our cares upon Him.

He says to not fear.

He has made so many promises to His people. And He’s never broke a promise.

So be encouraged to keep going to Him.

He hears.

He listens.

And He answers.

Just wait….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

Not Worry? How hard is that?

He Chose You To Love You