Majestic Weeds

 



Right in front and center of this plant is a weed. The weed is growing so fast and majestically. Within a few days it has reached heights that this flower will not achieve. 

To add to it's glory it has fine little thorns that hurt when you touch it. 

The weed isn't growing in the pot with the plant. It has taken residence smack dab in front of the pot and it's deep root is between the bricks. 

What do you think will grab my attention when I walk up to the plant? The beauty of the flower or the weed that has grown in front of the flower?

It makes me stop and wonder, what negative thing in my life, has grabbed my attention instead of seeing the beauty of what is in front of me?

I pulled the weed out and now when I look I can see the pretty flowers. 

However, the root is deep in the bricks. The weed will come back unless I take the measures to get completely rid of it. 

I can take care of this weed. Eventually.

Are there things you are focused on that can be taken care of eventually so you can see the beauty around you? Do they take up your time and focus? 

I am thinking of taking care of a few things so I can focus on what is good around me. 

What about the things that I can't take care of and have to learn to live with? The things that really take up my focus and make it hard to see the beauty of things. 

Like the deep root of this weed that is lodged between the bricks. Who knows how deep this root will be. I may have to learn to deal with it and keep pulling it out over and over again.

I have things that are rooted deep in my life that I have to trust God with, and also learn to be able to maintain, in order to have a healthy or fruitful life. That process is not always easy. 

If you are a drug addict or an alcoholic I can imagine that is a constant struggle each and every day and somehow that root of the addiction weed has to be pulled from deep, deep within. 

If you are mourning and suffering loss, that root of pain can be so intense and hit you by surprise at the most inopportune times. I know there are times I will suddenly feel a loss and it can be so painful.

There are many, many different types of things in our life that take root and the root is deep. 

My prayer for everyone is found in Ephesians 3:14 NIV

"14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, togetherwith all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work with us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever! Amen."

AMEN!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

WHAT IF?