Friends Prayer


Sunday morning at church a friend of mine prayed with me. Her words, “I won’t pray for the storm clouds to go away, but for your kingdom to come…”

Since then I’ve really been thinking about the meaning of “your kingdom come…” When Jesus was teaching the disciples how to pray, He said, “Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10.

I started thinking of the things I’ve learned about God and His kingdom…goodness, holiness, joy, peace, love, redemption…I’d really like for those things to be clearly evident in the situations around me!

Today, the devotional I read was on this very same verse. I was pretty excited about that. They pointed out that in heaven, when God speaks; the angels do His bidding without questions. His will is done in heaven.

When Jesus was in the garden praying, he prayed for the Father’s will and not his to be done. It didn’t look like it was a wonderful thing at the time, but it turned out to be an eternal blessing for all who believe in His Son.

When I was looking in the Bible at this verse I read the words spoken before this prayer…For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven…

The Father who loves us knew we needed a Savior and sent His Son.

God who loves us knew we would need counseling, comfort, guidance and He sent the Holy Spirit.

The Father who loves us still knows what we need.

Whether it has to do with work, play, relationships, health, provision…the list could go on and on. The Father who loves us knows what we need…BEFORE we ask Him.

May His kingdom come.

May His will be done.

“Teach me your way, O LORD,

And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.

Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;

For false witnesses have risen against me,

And such as breathe out violence.

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed

That I would see the goodness of the LORD

In the land of the living.

Wait on the LORD;

Be of good courage.

And He shall strengthen your heart;

Wait, I say, on the LORD! (Psalm 27:11-14)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

God's Tossed Pennies