The Cellars of Choice

My heart breaks over an issue affecting America. It’s the consequences that come from aborting a child and the adverse affects to the men and women of our society.

At the time, having an abortion seems like a solution to the circumstances in a person’s life, only to cause horrible ramifications in the aftermath. Many find themselves grieving the life of their child, alone; after all it was her decision to end her child's life. Each year as the birth date rolls around, she remembers and may try to imagine what her child would look like or what they may be doing at this point of their life.

The grief can run deep. Many don’t even understand they are grieving, covering the pain through the use of alcohol, drugs, food, other compulsions or by getting involved in promiscuous sex or bad relationships and sometimes wind up pregnant...again.

Many choose abortion a second time, a third time, and some even more.

Although having the right to choose abortion, afterward, it can become a secret shame a person carries within every day. For most, the relationship at the time of the abortion has ended, and there are now new friends, who know nothing about the past.

Yes, abortion is legal. In America, a person can choose to end their child's life before it’s born. In America doctors are given money to end the life of a child.

Before I knew the facts about abortion, I thought; too young, no support, finances, loss of boyfriend or family, too old, not the right time, and many other reasons a woman or couple may have, all made sense.

Before a woman even finds out she is pregnant, her child's heart is already beating. The child is already developing. Yet, the reasons above, have given justification to the “legal right” to end the life of a child.

For each person, it’s different. Some very brave men and woman have agreed to anonymously share their stories of the aftermath of abortion here on my blog.

If you are in a place in your life where you may be contemplating this decision, please take some time and read their stories over the next couple of weeks? All of us involved in this would love to protect you from not only hurting your child, but making a decision that will carry with you for the rest of your life.

If you have already chosen abortion I hope, through these testimonies, you will discover there is a road to healing. There are confidential healing groups in your city. If you desire healing, please email me at lindajreinhardt@gmail.com. I will do my best to connect you with a safe group in your area.

And if you have a story of your own, and would like to share it, feel free to send it my way. Everything is kept confident.

Let’s pull back the curtain and take some time to listen. Here is the first testimony.

I am a survivor of sexual abuse, including assault. With these traumas, I felt worthless and less than human and more as an object who had no control over her own life. During my sophomore year in high school, a senior took an interest in me. For the first time someone actually wanted to hear my opinions on life and other matters.
After a year of dating we made the decision for me to become pregnant. He had joined the military, so there would be an income and a way to support a family. Most of all he wanted to take me away from the dysfunctional home life I lived.
The summer between my junior and senior year I became pregnant; however, all our plans backfired and we found ourselves in the midst of a huge crisis.
My parents did not react as we expected and there were threats made against my boyfriend. Phone calls and letters were read and monitored. I was told to let my boyfriend know that I might be pregnant, but never allowed to tell him that I was.
I fought my parents because I wanted this child, had in fact prayed to become pregnant. Then my parents threatened to have him sent to jail and since he was in the military it would be mean time in Leavenworth for him.
At this point I gave in and did what my parents wanted, an abortion. With my parents it was never a question of what I wanted; it was a matter of appearances to them.
My boyfriend and I eventually did marry, but the abortion was a sore point in our marriage and I was "made to pay" for killing our child. My husband had affairs that he flaunted at me and told me that he could never have any children with me because of what I did.
Eventually, my marriage dissolved and I again found myself feeling worthless. Over time I found myself suffering depression at certain times of the year, avoiding any and all mention of abortion (this included newspaper or magazine articles, or television media).
I knew that God had forgiven me, but I could not forgive myself. Several years ago I finally received healing. It started with an article, which had I known at the time was about abortion; I would never have read, in my church's weekly denominational magazine. It was the hardest step I ever had to take. The wife of one our pastors worked with the Crisis Pregnancy Center and knew of a group called H.E.A.R.T. an abortion recovery group.
At seventeen I couldn't see a way around the threats of my parents; however, as an adult I realized there were other ways to inform the father of my pregnancy so that he could fight for me and our child. If I had the opportunity to live this part of my life over I would have made the phone call from a friend's house or mailed a letter from a friend's house.
I know my boyfriend would have fought for me. I learned it’s important to know what you are praying for because sometimes when you get it, things do not always turn out the way you had planned. I have also learned that God never left my side during this entire crisis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Love Shine

He Chose You To Love You

God's Tossed Pennies